Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Too many balls in the air this past week!

Well, I signed up for the Friday Night Sew/Stitch In that Heidi from Handmade by Heidi co-hosts.  It's my first time and I'm really looking forward to it.  It's being held on the 20th and you can follow this link if you want to join in!  http://handmadebyheidi.blogspot.com/p/friday-night-sew-in.html  I really enjoy following her blog as she is always making something cool!

This past week has been exhausting with lots of things going on and I feel like a juggler with too many balls in the air.  So, I haven't got much stitching done, although I did start on my Creation Sampler from Shakespeare's Peddler a couple of days ago as I needed a stress outlet and none of my WIP's were calling my name.  The thing I love best about stitching is the calming effect is has on the soul. 

One thing that is weighing heavy on my mind is that my MIL has been diagnosed with breast cancer...again...and is having her other breast and lymph nodes removed tomorrow.  We are praying that they get it all and that it has not spread further.  She also suffers from Bipolar Disorder and this has made things much worse...to the point that it is a struggle to get her out of bed.  We visited them on the weekend and she did get up and get dressed to visit with us which was positive.  It is very hard on my FIL as well and we are hoping for some good news after the surgery. 

One the creative front, I have no stitching progress worthy of pictures.  I did however manage to pop back over the antique store I discovered with my friend Laurie the other day.  I picked up some flower frogs, some glass candies and a pinwheel crystal glass.  Here is the decorative scissor holder that I've constructed with them:





Well, that's all I have for today.  I hope to have a stitching update for you very soon!

Take care everyone!

13 comments:

  1. I'll be sending prayers for your MIL -- I hope they get all the cancer this time. I can imagine the stress everyone is under. :( I love what you did with all your finds to make a beautiful scissor holder. So pretty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the news about your MIL. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your MIL's situation. Start a piece for her and pray for her as you stitch. That is what I do when I gift for someone. By the Bay has a lovely Courage BC free pattern.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your MIL. I'll say a prayer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best for your MIL! And your new scissor holder is so beautiful! :o)

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    My thoughts and admiration's are also with your soul soothing sport and the new scissor display.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good thoughts your way.

    Pretty new glass ware!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that things go well for your MIL.
    Love your new scissor holder. So very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little fob on your scissors. It's cute. Happy Friday the thirteenth! I hope you enjoy your first stitch in. It's fun to stitch and chat!! Love your new acquisitions. The glass candy is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am thinking of you and Rob and praying that all goes well for his Mum.

    Love your Antiquing treasures, especially the
    new scissor holder with the glass candies as
    decoration inside. Clever idea. Those glass
    candies are cool. Never seen their like before.

    Hope you can find some time to put needle to
    thread this weekend and relax.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers crossed for your MIL and family.

    Love your artistic creation, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about your MIL, i hope all goes well.

    Love your flower frog, i'm always on the look out for one, but never seem to come across any, only the ones with the wire in the top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope her surgery went well and I'll keep her in my prayers.

    Your flower frog is so pretty. Those glass candies within add just the right amount of colour!

    ReplyDelete