Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A few finishes and I've named the puppy!

Firstly, last night was a big election night here in Canada and it turned out to be a historic one.  The Conservatives won a majority government, the Liberals and Bloc Quebecois got stomped (badly) and the New Democrats are the official opposition for the first time in their 50 year history.  This was the first time that the Liberals finished in third place and it was a distant third at that.  Both the Liberal and Bloc Quebecois leaders failed to win their seats and are both stepping down as party leaders.  The Green Party won their first seat ever in the House of Commons.  Anyways, I won't bore you with further details, but I feel positive that good things will happen!


I had such a great weekend this past weekend!  My friend Laurie and I spent the afternoon driving around and stopping wherever we felt inspired to stop.  First, we went to the Hobby Horse for fabric and other sewing stuff.  Second stop was at the Williams Mill Visual Arts Centre.  There are so many wonderful artists there!   We strolled through the studios of glass blowers, painters, wood carvers, sculptors, jewellery makers, etc.  It was a wonderful time!


 
My friend Laurie...had to buy something, of course! :)
 
Was such a lovely sunny day!


 Then it was on to the Copper Kettle Pub for a refreshment.  Our next stop was Beaumont Mill Antiques & Collectibles.  Wow, this place was huge!  You seemed to go from room to room forever.  We ended up kind of having to rush through it a little, you could easily spend 2 hours there if you wanted to see everything.  We will definitely be heading back there sometime soon!

Okay, onto some stitching finishes!  I framed my bunny from The Trilogy...here he is:


Another reason my friend Laurie came down that day for was to give me another sewing lesson.  She is a GREAT teacher!!  She walked me through finishing my first pillow step by step and then I finished the second one by myself after she left.  I am really happy with how they turned out and think I did pretty good for a newbie.  Since the sewing machine and I are now friends, I have "named the puppy" and it will now affectionately be called Ginny...after Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter, of course!  *** Editted as Mouse was too right that it is Ginny and not Jenny...serious brain burp there on my part! ***  Here are my pillows:

I had so much fun finishing these...I never thought sewing could be that much fun!  Now I have even more projects in mind...eek! :)

My apologies for things being a little out of alignment on this post...Blogger is giving me hard time today!  Oh well, you get the idea, right?!?! :o)   Have an awesome week everyone!!!

15 comments:

  1. ooooo well done that girl :) lovely pillows :0 ermm hate to point this out but its Ginny Weasley ... sorry die hard potter fan here ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glass shop looks fantastic. I have a couple of hand made pieces from locals when we travel as well as some fusion pieces from a crafts man no longer with us. The sewing is coming along nicely. Are you ready to ditch needlework for quilting yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coloured glass so pretty and your bunnies are so sweet. I live in South Western Ontario too. And I am so sick of rain and damp! Please I need sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your sweet pillow finishes. You have done a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip and wow your bunny from The Trilogy is awesome. Congrats on the pillows too they are adorable.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finishes! You did a great job finishing them! Looks like you had fun with your friend gallivanting around too. Love the name of your puppy -- good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great time too! Your pillows look amazing and I look forward to our next adventure. Maybe this time you won't get us lost! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pillows, and grats on learning a new skill. Sounds like you both had a good time shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what lovely finishes! The frame for the Trilogy hare is beautiful! And your pillows are just gorgeous! I love them both! You had an excellent teacher! ;o)

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you know I can't resist bunny stitching and these are just darling, Alisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pillows Alisa! I love pillow finishes but it takes me a lot longer since I don't have a sewing machine and everything has to be stitched by hand. Otherwise I'd tackle more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alisa, what a great day! I love those sort of days where you just poke around wherever your fancy takes you.

    What beautiful finishes!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alisa your pillow finishes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete