Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stash shopping!

Hello all,

I am thrilled to say that I went stash shopping with my friend Judy yesterday and we had a blast.  Such a nice thing to be able to shop for "supplies" with someone who is also passionate about cross-stitch.  We hit 3 different stores and I now have all of the supplies I need to finish my current and recently completed projects.  I also bought a couple of things that I didn't need, but merely wanted, but that is just par for the course.  :)

One of my current works in progress is Quaker Bats and Ghosts by VeeandCo Cross Stitch Designs:


It is meant to be done on a lighter fabric, but I was itching to stitch on black.  It will end up being a square biscournu pattern and the flip side will have bats instead of ghosts.  Since I am doing it on black I will stitch the bats in purple.  Can't wait to finish it!

I also purchased a new chart from Praire Schooler that has a few ornaments that I'll be stitching at some point.  I really like the two with the buildings.


We got another big dump of snow here yesterday and it looked really pretty coming down.  Thankfully I don't have anywhere far to travel today.

Thanks for all the comments, it's very encouraging and I must say that I am having a great time with this blog so far and an even better time reading all of yours!  Thanks Dani for the tip about moving the pictures around once they are in the post, I get it now! :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. The darker I managed to cross stitch fabric was blue grey. Love works in black by the way! Prairie Schooler is my favourite of all. I have the three months that are really important for me: March, June and November (my birth month, DH birth month and the month we got married). One of this days they will be done, for sure.
    Best regards from sunny not snowy Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about your new blog at Judy's and want to welcome you to the blogging world.
    Going stah shopping is just as good as stitching and you got a great chart. Prairie Schooler has always been one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog land Alisa. So nice that wonderful Judy has an in town cross stitch pal! Great stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ghosts & bats so colourful!

    I'm looking forward to doing some stash shopping with friends in Pheonix in March!!!

    ReplyDelete