Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finished my humbugs!

Hello to all!

I finished my humbug ornaments yesterday.  I made a set of three to donate to our churches charity auction next month.  I am also just starting to work on a different set of Christmas ornaments to donate as well.  Hopefully I can show progress on those by next weekend.  Here are the humbug ornaments:


I joined the Let's Stitch blog which is a group that does a Weekend Stitch-A-Thon every weekend.  The idea being that you make a point each weekend to post pics and let everyone know what you are working on and what you have accomplished.  Very cool!

I also did some work this weekend on the snowman ornament that I am making for my DD.  Here he is:


To be quite honest, I am not really enjoying stitching him...there are far too many nearly identical colours of blue involved that are irritating me...LOL, I'll be glad when he is done!

My friend Judy came over today for a stitching afternoon.  It worked out perfect as my DS headed off today to his grandparents for a few days since it is spring break this week and my DH took DD and a friend to see the movie Rango (they loved it).  Judy and I had a great afternoon together talking and stitching. 

Thank you all for your comments and concern for my son Karl and his leg injury.  He is feeling much better and is really hoping to be able to ski this week while he is at his grandparents.  I am doubtful that he will be able to as the bone bruise is right where the top of his ski boot sits, but he took his equipment and will see how it goes...what can I say, he is STUBBORN, but I do admire his spirit and determination. :)

Next blog post I should be able to show you a pic or two of something I am REALLY excited about...I am getting a new hobby room!  The room is being painted, the cabinets have been ordered and the countertop has already been delivered and is waiting in the garage.  I'm soooooo looking forward it.  It should be completed in three weeks, but I am hoping to post the progress in stages.

Happy stitching everyone!
Alisa

4 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky! A room to yourself for your hobbies! I'm totally envious! Love your humbugs! The snowman ornie is cute too! I hope your son is ok skiing. Nice he has spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute humbugs! They should do well at the auction. I know I'd want one!
    Glad to hear your son is doing better. Kids are stubborn, he may very well ski!
    I thought about joining the Let's stitch but there are many weekends when I don't put in a single stitch.
    Can't wait to see pics of your finished craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a charity auction. Those humbugs look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you did a great job of the humbugs! Hope you don't mind if I pop them in the Gallery of Stitches - I'll link back to your blog too, of course. :) Glad you enjoyed stitching them. Best of luck with the charity auction!

    ReplyDelete