Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A start...a finish...and a win!

Wow...what a week this last week has been.  My DD has been sick with an awful stomache flu that lasted for 4 days!  She is finally just now feeling better and able to eat.  I had taken this week off of work as my DH is off on a golf trip to Myrtle Beach and I thought it would make it easier for me to manage the kids and their activities and also get some spring cleaning done.  Well...hopefully I will get some spring cleaning done these next few days as the last few where a bust.  I did however get lots of stitching done while DD was tucked in beside me on the couch.  I started Acorn Hill by Little House Needleworks and here is what I have done so far:


I also did a little work on my "Frosty Blue" ornament.  Here he is:


I finally got the time to "finish" my Peace Joy Love ornaments from Lizzie*Kate.  I am happy with how they turned out!  Here they are:


 In other news, I was tickled pink to find out that I was the winner of Cathi's (from Cathi's Stiching Blog - http://cathisstitchingblog.blogspot.com/) Spring Giveway!!!  Woohoo!  If you don't follow her blog, I would recommend that you do.  She is always stitching up something beautiful!  The giveaway includes the charts Bunny Gingham by Twisted Threads, Bunny Welcome by Waxing Moon Designs and Simply Stuffins "Pudgy Bunny" by Homespun Elegance.  It also includes a "Spring Kitty" scissors fob that Cathi made.  I will post pics once I receive it. :)

Lastly, please don't forget about my giveaway.  See the previous post for details and to enter.  I will be drawing and announcing the winners on Friday!

Hope you are all having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. What a bummer about your poor DD with that stomach bug! Ew! Lovely stitching though. Love the finish too. Beautifully done! Congratulations on the win too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stomach flu is no fun! Super stitching and finishing. Love the backing on the LK piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry to hear about your DD! Glad to hear she is on the mend and hopefully no one else with come down with the nasty bug.

    Love all of your stitches and congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that your daughter was ill! And glad that she is already better! The LHN beginning looks great! I love autumn colours. And the finish of the LK ornament is beautiful! :o)

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your LHN start. I have that one in my stash and it's one of my favourites.
    Great work on your LK finishes too.
    Congrats on your win. It's been a pretty productive week all around.
    I hope your daughter is feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh your finishes are beautiful, Alisa!! Great starts too! The snowman is just adorable! Hope your daughter's feeling better, stomach flu is the WORST!!!

    ReplyDelete