Monday, April 11, 2011

Success!

Well, I am happy to say that Keira's birthday weekend was a success.  We went out to dinner at the Mandarin Friday night (her choice) and then watched a movie at home (Secret of Moonacre...very good...again, her choice).  Saturday we had her "friends" birthday party.  There were 7 girls that came over and we had fun making body glitter, decorating t-shirts and playing Dance Party on the Wii. 

Waiting for her friends to arrive!

The diva girls showing off their t-shirts!

Her friend Annie stayed after the party for a sleepover...all went well!

Then on Sunday our family came over to wish the birthday girl well.  The weather was so nice out that we went outside to test the new bubble maker that she received.  The bubbles that came out of this thing were amazing! 

The lovelies...my niece Michelle, Keira, my grand-niece Isabella and my niece Stephanie.

Fun with bubbles - Karl, Isabella, Stephanie, my nephew David's girlfriend Leslie and Keira.

Also, I haven't post a pic yet of the goodies I received from my win on Cathi's blog giveaway!  Here is what I received:


Can't wait to stitch these up! :)

Last but not least, I finished my LHN Acorn Hill.  Here it is:



I have the perfect place picked out for this one once it is framed. 

Cheers!


11 comments:

  1. Acorn Hill looks great! Congrats on the finish. Do you have a frame picked out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish and what a great enhancement you received. Glad your weekend went well, everyone looks to be having a super time, bubbles an' all.

    Looking forward to seeing what your next start will be.

    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very sweet daughter! :o)

    And Acorn Hill looks perfect! I love it!

    Have a nice week!

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Keira had fun on her special day. I've purchased a bubble maker for my granddaughters for Easter so they should have just as much fun.
    Congrats on your win. There are some nice looking charts there.
    Acorn Hill looks fantastic!! I love this design and have it in my stash. I'm a big fan of autumn and Halloween designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Keira had a great birthday weekend. Definitely sounds like fun for all! Love your LHN finish -- so pretty! Nice win too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun at your house! Congrats on your winnings and that lovely LHN stitchy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a bunch of giggling girls :) Looks like Keira had a great time...

    Love your LHN finish--beautiful stitching! And those bunny charts you won are darling--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like all those girls sure had fun at the party!

    I hope you enjoy all your goodies from the give-away :^)

    Even though Spring is here, I still love to look at those gorgeous autumn colours in your Acorn Hill. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alisa,

    Tell Keira that I want to play with her and her
    bubble maker next time I come over!! I'm so
    glad that she had such a fabulous birthday
    weekend. Lucky girl.

    Acorn Hill looks amazing! Of course now I want
    to stitch it as well. May as well add it to the
    pile waiting for attention. I think I can just
    reach the top of it with this chart if I stand
    on my tip toes.

    Lovely stash win!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww looks like the girls had a great time!

    Congratulations on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice finish! It looks like you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete