Monday, April 4, 2011

Lots of new stash!

Happy Monday and hope you all had a great weekend! 

My week ended up being crazy last week as the cabinets were being put into my new hobby room and of course, things do not always go as planned.  The upper and lower cabinets are now installed and the countertop is in, but there is still some finishing work that needs to be done before I reveal it.  It must all get done this week though as my daughter Keira is turning 7 on Friday (my baby!) and we will have lots of company and also a birthday party this weekend...eek!

Saturday was Gitta's Needleworkers Marketplace and my friend Judy and I, along with her friend Linda all headed down for the event.  We had a great time meeting all the designers and shopping for stash.  Here are some of the things that I picked up:


A new chart (along with thread pack and embelishments) and some wonderful hand-dyed fabric. 

Some lavender, crushed walnuts, a needleminder and miniature scissors.


How adorable are these scissors?!?!

Some silk and hand-dyed threads.

 Of course we finished off the day with lunch and then a trip to Gitta's!




7 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I love the stash! I've wondered what Gitta's was like. And lucky you got to go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to run into you and Judy and meet you in person! Hopefully we'll get to know each other better in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was some amazing new stash. Glad you got to meet some of my stitching buddies. Say hi to Judy please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stash enhancing.... now that's what I call fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alisa! Just discovered your blog :)

    What great stash you got and how lucky are you to have your very own hobby room! Hope the rest of the finishing goes smoothly. Happy birthday on Friday to little Keira!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see a pic of your finished hobby room! I love your stash selections. I didn't know Gitta's had the crushed walnuts. I'll have to make a visit there sometime. I've never been.

    ReplyDelete